While organizing a new generation of veterans, Vet Voice Foundation mobilizes veterans to speak-out on issues of importance to themselves and their community:
- Preserve Fort Ord Vet Voice Foundation has been working to share the stories of veterans on the importance of preserving public lands. Over 1200 people have signed our 1200 to Senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer, urging them to support National Monument status for Fort Ord.
- Petition to Protect Public Lands Protection of America’s treasures should come before Congress granting the authority for narrowed business interests to mine and pillage our nation’s lands with boom and bust schemes that only offer marginal and short term economic gain while threatening our air and water quality. This is not sensible development; it is the destruction of America’s few remaining monuments, our public lands. Over 1900 people have signed the petition to protect public lands,
- Lands We Love Protection of America's pristine lands is not just an environmental issue; it is a matter of patriotism. Vet Voice Foundation is working to mobilize veterans in Southern California to support the protection of desert lands. Learn more by clicking the above link or visiting: www.landswelove.com
- Clean Energy & Climate Change: Education and Awareness As veterans of this generation you have seen the clear and present threat that our national dependence on foreign oil creates. Furthermore, the recent Quadrennial Defense Review the Department of Defense listed climate change as one of the primary threats facing the United States. This campaign is spreading awareness of these issues in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and California.
- Bi-Partisan Poll of Iraq & Afghanistan Vets VVF recently conducted a survey among military personnel who served in the Afghanistan or Iraq wars on the issue of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. It found, by six point, that Iraq & Afghanistan veterans under the age of 35 lean toward allowing gay and lesbian people to serve openly. More findings, and the complete poll results, can be found by clicking the above link.
- Closing the Terror Gap in Americas' Gun Laws